Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Hardcore Diaries Autobiographies

I really like this book. I really like this book for many reasons. The way the book is written is amazing. It's the complete opposite of a Quentin Tarintino movie. The story is told chronologically and it makes sense. I like how well the story falls into place. It goes through the final third of Foley's career and I still can't believe how intelligent Mick Foley sounds. I enjoy autobiographies more than normal biographies because I'd rather listen to the story from the subject person themselves because they truly know what they're talking about. Not that the historians don't but I believe that no one can ever understand what the world looks like from someone elses perspective. Especially when that person is Mick Foley.

You an research Mick Foley many different ways. The internet, television, documentaries, biographies. But I think the best way to find out about Mick Foley is to read the book(s) by Mick Foley. He has three NY Times best sellers and not just because of his popularity, because he's the only one who can tell the story labout himself. You can have as many interviews with someone as you want. Be their best friend,know how the like their eggs and bacon, bu you will still never be able to see the world through their eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you give the reasons as to why you really love the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good description. Cant wait to read it. Hope its as good as you described it.

    ReplyDelete