I am familiar with the concept and characters of Harry Potter through listening to wizard wannabes and hearing about the movies. I own the Sorcerers Stone on DVD. I haven't seen it in 7 years but you've been living under a rock for the past decade and a half if you don't know the general plot of Harry Potter. Its about a kid with dead wizard parents who tends to take the most indirect route to solving his problems. Kind of like parkour and free running. You run and take the most unnecessary path to get from Point A to Point B. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the book and I love to watch parkour, my brother does it all the time. I just rationalize too much, I guess.
So far, instead of trying to contact anyone when the Dursleys left him at home, he just sat and thought about how strange he is. He is strange, everyone is. He wwent through Hell and Creation for 10 years for a hot dog and a handshake until he was revealed to be a wizard. The Dursleys even knew about this. Why Harry didn't go balistic without an explaination from them is ridiculous. The kid must have self control that no one in this day and age has. He then procedes to not accept that he is a wizard. He tells Hagrid that he's not a wizard. As if Hagrid will go "Okay kid, your right and the best wizard ever is wrong and the kid we're looking for is an identical replica of you but actually has the stones (no pun intended) to go to Hogwarts and leave the demons England calls his guardians."
Look, I might just seem like a hater but I enjoy the book so far. I guess I put it in retrospect that might only apply to me but if you disagree and want a change, do it yourself. This is what I see and it makes sense to me. If you don't like it, make your own retrospective post on Harry Potter or throw it at me in the comments. I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I'm trying to get an A.
I haven't read the books yet but I have seen almost all of the movies, I just thought it would take too much time and be really boring to read those books because they are so long.
ReplyDelete